Did you just buy a pair of roller skates and want to find that perfect place to skate? Roller rinks have been around in Melbourne for decades and are a perfect place to start learning how to use your new roller skates and inlines!
Putting your skates on for the first time and rolling down your driveway can be a daunting experience for some, that’s why it is a great idea to head out to your local roller rink where you will be guaranteed a smooth surface with no gravel, curbs or cracks to trip you over!
As we are hopefully heading out of COVID times and Roller Rinks are able to operate again, here is a list of rinks in Melbourne that will provide you with the surface you need, and a wall to hold onto to get you going:
- Caribbean Rollerama (1298 Ferntree Gully Rd, Scoresby VIC 3179)
- Skaterz Roller skate & Blade Rink (27 Susan St, Eltham VIC 3095)
- Sunshine Roller Skating Centre (38 McIntyre Rd, Sunshine 3020)
- Skateworld Mordialloc (209 Boundary rd, Mordialloc 3195)
- Bayswater Roller City (37 Scoresby rd, Bayswater 3153)
And let’s be honest – the best part about rinks is that they offer something for everyone. There are spaces and times for children and adults separately. There is a guarantee that the music will be blaring and you will get the boogie you came for.
Go and support your local roller rink today!